Time is ticking away and I need to get this colored pencil piece done in time for a show! It's slow going and lately my shoulders have been giving me problems. When I do work on it, it's always so enjoyable. I just listen to music, sharpen my pencils and go...go...go.
And just for the fun of it, here are some older in-process photos:

Mostly just the grisaille done.

I know, it's odd, I shouldn't have started on the bottom right petal.

I suppose I just jump to whichever petal looks appealing next.
And just for the fun of it, here are some older in-process photos:

Mostly just the grisaille done.

I know, it's odd, I shouldn't have started on the bottom right petal.

I suppose I just jump to whichever petal looks appealing next.
I will be SO happy when this is finished! This is what I get for attempting such a large piece in colored pencil. Still, barring the deadline, every moment I spend on this is a very happy zen moment (if you are allowed to be happy and zen at the same time!).


It has been such a joy to see your art. You make me all happy. It is truly stunning. My life is upside down, but you make me want to sit down and art about. Maybe in the future. In the mean time I will just drool over your art x
Just stunning!! Can you make your chair lower?? That helps save my neck and shoulders when I'm carving stamps. Or a good massage :)
I'm wondering if you might be able to help me with a project. I want to get a color chart together for the epiphyllum society of america...we have a listing of named hybrid flowers with descriptions, but we need a color chart that could be sent out to the hybridizers and growers so that we are all on the same page....such terms as "carmine" and "cerise" don't mean much without a reference. The flowers come in all colors/shades/hues of red/orange/yellow/purple and even a faint tracing of some greens sometimes in sepals... Any chance you might have a color chart that we could use?
I just found your blog - your art is beautiful. I am so glad I found you. Will be stopping back to visit again soon.
Oh no, you are not blogging anymore :(